Saturday, April 7, 2018

Welcome to the Real World Part 6 and Collection



It took me 20 months, but I finally completed the sixth and final book in the  Welcome to the Real World series. I believe I gave Beth and Kylie the ending that they deserved. I'm both proud and ashamed of this one.  I'm proud because even though it was one of the toughest series I ever wrote, I can now look back at writing it with pride. I hope you'll give it a try. I think you'll be happy you did.


Okay, look I screwed up.  Taking twenty months to complete a six issue series is kind of like showing up three hours late for a date. That's why I'm not waiting my usual couple of months and putting out the collected Welcome to the Real World series in the same week as the last issue of the series as a way of making it up to people who may have lost track of the series along the way. 

Regardless of how you enjoy the series, I hope you give it a try. Writing a fictional sequel to my actual college experiences was an interesting idea, but one I would never try again. I'm pretty proud of the end result however.

No comments:

Post a Comment